Mid-size High Growth Firms, UK, 2017
Research consistently outlines the pivotal role mid-sized high growth businesses have in the UK economy, often ignored by public policy, whilst continually being among the major job creators.
There are over 33,000 mid-sized firms in the UK. Our research has identified the fastest growing of these businesses - over 2,000 firms who have all grown at more that 20% in profitability year on year for the past 3 years.
If you provide professional services to mid-size firms – coaching, financial, legal - or work in local economic development and want to stimulate job growth in your region, this a group of businesses you need to be aware of.
1. Geographical Distribution (web based map)
• Business locations down to post code level
• Hover over links to business details
• Zoom to specific post code areas or regions
• Heat map analysis of growth rates and firm density, based on local authority boundaries
2. Data list (Spreadsheet format)
• Firm name
• Trading address
• Managing director details where available
• Business sector
• Growth rates - in turnover, gross profit & employment
• Lastest turnover & employee numbers
• Contact details (telephone number, website) where available
• Contact opt in status included
- Data collected and analysed in 2017, from trading years up to end 2014. Mid-sized firms defined as 50-249 employees
- Where firms have not submitted full accounting detail to companies they have not been included in the list.
- Maps are based on the company trading address
- We use a combination of data sources including Companies House & Office of National Statistics.
- Reports, lists and maps are based purely on data and have not been validated with primary research