Scotland HIGH GROWTH FIRMS, UK, 2017
High growth businesses – sometimes referred to as Scale Ups - bring significant value to any local economy: in job creation; in productivity and in revenues invested. This report provides a snapshot of the high growth firms in this region of the United Kingdom, identified by Companies House data. It provides a graphical overview of the economic impact they have, as well as an interactive map of outlining their locations and a list of the businesses themselves.
1. Analyses (A PDF report)
- Overall numbers of firms compared to other regions
- Aggregated employee analysis, benchmarked with other UK regions
- Aggregated turnover analysis, benchmarked with other UK regions
- Aggregated profitability analysis, benchmarked with other UK regions
- Founder demographics
- Key sectors
2. Geographical Distribution (A web based interactive map)
- Business locations down to post code level
- Hover over links to business details
- Zoom to specific post code areas or regions
- Heat map based on local authority boundaries
3. Data list (A spreadsheet)
- Firms name
- Trading address
- Managing director details where available
- Business sector
- Turnover & employee numbers where available
- Contact details (telephone number, website) where available
- Contact opt in status included
Your report will be emailed to you within 5 days of order.
Data collected and analysed in 2017, from trading years up to end 2015.
Our definition of high growth is: year on year growth of over 20% (balance sheet growth) over 3 trading years, and over 10 employees at time of final accounting period.
We use a combination of data sources including Companies House & Office of National Statistics. Reports are based purely on data and have not been validated with primary research.
Our calculations of total regional impact are estimates, based on those businesses that provide full accounting data.
Report demo screenshots use sample data.